We wore two costume sets this year! The first was quickly put together in case the second set wasn’t completed in time. I also wanted to make up for last year’s horrific abomination of a costume.
This week I fleshed out the Rumor Generator. Basically all the random generators from my old spreadsheet has been implemented. The goal is to create an entire world at the click of a button.
- Religion and Arcana facts, similar to the Rumor and History generators from before
- Quick NPC generator
- Name generator for any building your adventurer’s would likely visit in a city
- Town demographics for creating an entire town at the click of a button
My next task is implementing collapsible buttons to better display the city information. I plan on adding such buttons to the entire world data, generating data on each continent, country, province, and city. Not sure whether to generate it all upfront, or on the fly as the user clicks around. It seems like a lot of unnecessary generation if the user only wants data on one city. Maybe I can just create a separate generator for the World.
Need random rumors for your D&D compaign? Not satisfied with the ones already out there? Want rumors tailored specifically for your setting?
Well, look no further because Anthony’s Rumor Generator is here!
- Randomly generates seven rumors or historical facts
- Don’t like them what you see? Refresh the page for seven more!
- Use the location links to adjust the names of places used in the generators
Right now, the generators start off using my current campaign’s location names. I plan to loading random from the start, and then using a load/save feature for regular use. There are also problems with plural usage, which I intend to alter by hand when copying for game use.